Thursday 13 October 2011

Birds

So, as I was researching african art work, a certain type of design kept coming up & in a lot of the images there were birds. From this style of Tanzanian art known as tinga-tinga, I decided to attempt my own version of this. I also looked at the work of the Kenyan artist Rosemary Karuga who focuses on birds and using a very interesting type of collage:

  053.JPG.jpg(http://www.contempafricanart.com/artist.asp?id=RosemaryKaruga&inl=1)

Here are my initial bird sketches that I drew whilst visiting a bird garden:







 These are individual feathers cut from prints I did that were made up of marked & layered materials to create texture & depth.
 Really bad quick water colour.



 The above are all initial ideas of bird that I wanted to put in my final canvas painting. I wanted to try out colours & positioning.
This was my final outcome from the work I did on the bird theme of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment